Friday, August 12, 2011

Inch Worm August Challenge


Oh hello! Let me introduce you to Nene. She is going to the market and is wearing her favorite market scarf so she won't mess up her hair. Her favorite kind of fruit is cantaloupe and she thinks chili is disgusting. Her hobbies are going to the mall and singing songs to her babies.


This was a fun project that doesn't take a lot of energy and time. I worked on it while doing reading lessons with my Izzy. While she read I hand stitched. I wished I used green thread rather than white but it's not that big of deal since I used a polka dot felt. For the scarf I used a pocket from some Heather Ross Munki pajamas. I never wore the pajamas but used the material for my own projects. It seemed a shame to cut up perfectly nice pjs but do you realize how hard her fabric are to come by and the harder to find the more expensive it is?! I love the orange and green color combo.


We have this fantastic collection of all the bugs Izzy has made during her preschool career. I throw away a lot but for some reason the bugs get to share a shelf with my books. Too bad you can't see the spiders and more butterflies from our collection. Izzy insists that I make her a boy inch worm with a top hat and scarf. I try to do a lot of projects with my daughter. While I sew she paints, draws and creates her own projects. We like to talk about what we are making and come up with fun stories about them. This project does not require a sewing machine and is a good beginner project.

1 comment:

  1. I love Nene. I love her little grin! She looks perfect with the other bugs on your book shelf!

    ReplyDelete